Saturday 6 February 2016

Weekend, feet on the ground

A travel free week, and now a husband free weekend, so feet firmly on the ground, as we set off today for a parents and kids singalong session in the deep dark French countryside. 4 sets of expat mums with varying numbers of offspring, in a barn, singing and miming to songs from the Sound of Music, The Jungle Book, and some other old favourites. I wonder if it was more for the parents, but actually not, I think we all forgot ourselves in song for about an hour.

This is a rarity, in France where the family rules, and weekends are for kin, not for adventure. And in the same barn we can learn the art of Reiki. This is on my wishlist for my upcoming birthday present, as is the inflatable husband my friend has offered to lend me in lieu of the one I rarely see at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment