Saturday 20 February 2016

Black dog days

Career women and black dogs

I can't say I want him here, but am not quite sure how to get rid of him, or if he's going to leave of his own accord.

Having made the pilgrimage to Limoges in search of better family harmony I find that I spend most of my weekends alone, well I am never alone with Anna. Indeed in general I am never alone. Lonely is the word.

I suppose I should be more supportive of Paul, but after 4 months of this, I am now just disinterested. It doesn't help that I have other worries to deal with from afar, and that I am confined to home because my other half is working 24/7 :

I bought a country house outside of Paris on a whim, spent 6 years and all my savings renovating it, and just when my haven of peace was finished, my neighbour announced he was going to divide his land in two and build a house behind mine. It was a strange affair, the neighbour started out somewhat sycophantic, then agressive, then the project just went underground. In July I found out he'd reapplied to sell the land. As it had a whiff of the dishonest, I checked his deeds, and found he actually didn't own the right of way to the land he wanted to sell. I informed the town hall, project gone to ground again. But what is a haven, if you have someone living next to you who fumes everytime he sees you? Even if you have won the battle...

Legal issues with French neighbours

On days like this, this is where a blog loses its usefulness and I should probably resort to some kind of self-help forum where friendly souls can endlessly discuss the do's and dont's. I think I prefer the black dog.


No comments:

Post a Comment